We have conceded the two for one deal is here to stay. It’s everywhere and is now a part of the hospitality mid week entertainment fabric. For many venues it is great as a short term “shout out” to the market that we’re here and open for business.
Here is an example of why it should not be a long term plan for hospitality venues:
|No discount||Two for one||Two for one||Two for one||Two for one|
|Retail price of meal (excl GST)||$20||$10||$10||$10||$10|
|Total meal revenues||$400||$400||$600||$800||$1,000|
|Cost of sales ($7/meal)||$140||$280||$420||$560||$700|
• How long does it run for?
• On what meals?
• Where is the conversion to beverage and gaming?
• Can we spend our money better on other promotions?
• What impact does it have on the Chef and the kitchen staff?
All vaild questions.
DWS can tailor a range of services to assist with evaluating and improving your venue’s catering operations. We have food and beverage hospitality specialists who can assist with everything from
• market research; ensure you are serving to the right people,
• layout and design,
• menu composition,
• inventory management,
• profit and loss,
• and more, right up to a full review of your catering operations.
Contact us and speak with a DWS consultant to find out how we can help you.