How to visually check a digital drivers licence/ID including:
- Australia Post Keypass identity card (Digital ID)
- South Australia driver licence
- New South Wales digital drivers licence
- Animated NSW Government logo.
- Last refreshed date and time.
- QR code expires and reloads.
- Waratah hologram moves when phone is tilted.
- Watermark matches the licence photo.
- Address details (scrolling is not always required
to view address).
Some information from OLGR about handling digital drivers licencesin Qld is contained in this link; https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/hospitality-tourism-sport/liquor-gaming/liquor/compliance/minors/digital-id
- You still need to compare the photo with the person presenting the ID
- Check the DOB to ensure the person is over 18
- Identify the security features of the ID (animated logos, display current time and date etc)
- Apps are available to verify each digital ID
- If you have ID scanners, not all digital ID’s will be supported (manual entry into the scanner is required)
- For suspected fake ID and confiscations, including misuse of digital ID, you need to complete the Confiscation
Report and submit it to OLGR (Qld).
- You must not confiscate the mobile device that contains the suspect ID.
- Click here for link to OLGR Confiscation Report
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FACT SHEET
For any clarification or questions, please contact Michelle Pitman, DWS Work Health Safety & Compliance Advisor, on 0401 014 619 or firstname.lastname@example.org.