Keppel Bay Sailing Club is seeking a dedicated, customer focused professional to join and lead the team as Venue Manager, located in Yeppoon, Central Queensland.
Keppel Bay Sailing Club was formed 60 years ago, for its members to enjoy the sport of sailing, and now also provides, quality meals, drinks and entertainment to its 13, 000 strong membership.
The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for the day to day supervision of the venue, where you will be exposed to all areas of the venue, including Food and Beverage, Gaming, Memberships, Functions and Entertainment. The successful applicant will have the desire to be an efficient leader.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Organising and coordinating of staff rosters
- Rostering to budget
- Report Direct to Operations Manager
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the venue
- Responsible Service of Alcohol, Responsible Service of Gaming, HACCP and Gaming Regulations;
- Attending to all customer requirements;
- Assisting with coaching and training of staff;
- Ensure continuous improvement of the Club’s Service Standards’;
- Developing a good rapport with the Club members and guests.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to secure an interview:
- An ability to lead and supervise the daily operations;
- Understanding of Club operations and have a ‘hands on’ approach;
- Background in Food, Beverage and Gaming;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Superior customer service and good grooming and presentation;
- A good practical knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety practices;
- Excellent employment history and reliability;
- Full Availability (including nights, weekends and public holidays)
- Current RSA, RSG & RMLV Certifications;
- Current Senior First Aid Certification.
Without doubt, this is a career opportunity for someone wanting to further their career. If this sounds like the position for you, please submit a cover letter, police check, two professional references and resume now to firstname.lastname@example.org.