- Perfect opportunity for a sea-change to the Coral Coast
- Established and well-respected Community Club
- An attractive salary package on offer for the successful applicant
It is not often that the opportunity comes around to work for one of the most respected and trusted Community Club groups in Queensland, The Waves. Located in Bundaberg, only a short drive to the Southern Great Barrier Reef, offering an idyllic beachside lifestyle making this the perfect role for a professional and experienced marketing manager who is looking for a sea-change.
The Waves opened over 50 years ago as a place to socialise and enjoy bocce and soccer. From those humble beginnings, The Waves now stands as an icon of Bundaberg. Employing over one hundred staff, affiliated with 16 different sporting and social clubs and contributing to numerous community events and projects each year, The Waves donated $1.43M directly to the local community and sport in the 2018/2019 financial year.
Over recent years the club has won numerous awards including the prestigious Queensland Club of the Year in 2018. The financially strong club has a stable and progressive Management Committee with a Chief Executive Officer who is a recipient of the Queensland Club Manager of the Year award.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Degree qualified in marketing, business or related field
- Experience as a marketing manager within the hospitality industry
- Strong digital marketing skills and experience across multiple platforms
- Experience in managing multiple social media accounts
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft products and CRM systems
- Planning, organisation and leadership skills and experience
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Development, implementation and analysis of the club’s communication, marketing and advertising function through various mediums
- Devising future marketing strategy based on market insight, industry trends and data analysis of previous marketing campaigns
- Ensuring all marketing meets relevant legislation and regulations
- Working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Assisting in managing ongoing business relationships
- Working with department managers to promote the club
- Answering directly to the CEO
If you are looking for a new challenge, have a passion for marketing and working within an enthusiastic and progressive team, embrace technology and have innovative ideas with an eye on best practice, this is a truly unique opportunity, so apply today!
Please forward your resume along with a covering letter when applying for this role.
*No agency referrals will be accepted.