Boards and committees in hospitality operations confronted by complex issues and potential conflict situations require decisions to be made. Through regular independent assessment, training and structured policies and procedures, an organisation can ensure that its governing entity acts appropriately and in the best interests of the shareholders, staff and members. Key corporate governance services offered by DWS include:
- Tailored corporate governance training.
- New director inductions.
- Refresher corporate governance training.
Primary elements of our corporate governance programs include:
- Ethical responsibilities of board and committee members as well as board standards.
- Management instruction and responsibilities.
- Regulatory responsibilities involving memorandum and articles of association.
- Legal responsibilities incorporating contracts, duty of care, limited liability and board policies.
DWS can offer a customised corporate governance training program involving classroom-style facilitation with industry experienced hospitality consultants. Programs can be designed for a complete workshop for new members, as a refresher course for existing members or to address specific concerns of the committee or board. Workshops are generally conducted over one full day and are best facilitated off premises.