LVRC engaged DWS to undertake a full market and financial feasibility study for a prospective accommodation site within the Council. Following release of the associated land for expressions of interest, DWS continued to act in an advisory capacity with LVRC on a number of facets of the prospective contracts, outlined below:
- Advice on the proposal elements and configuration following expressions of interest.
- Appropriate type and market position of facility identified.
- Key negotiation elements identified in terms of prospective sales and leasehold agreements.
- Operator rental capacity range determined for a lease scenario.
- Insight on the valuation of land ahead of prospective offers.
- Financial modelling undertaken for a range of negotiation scenarios.
The continued involvement of DWS in the negotiation process assisted LVRC in reducing risk and increasing their knowledge base with regard to hotel development within their Council .
‘The dedicated expertise that DWS brought over and above the completion of a feasibility document greatly informed us when undertaking our negotiations. The ability to seek verbal advice from DWS as and when required was highly beneficial when making decisions. We would have no hesitation in recommending DWS to prospective clients.’ – Jason Harm, Regional Development Manager, Lockyer Valley Regional Council.