Geoff and John formed Dickson Wohlsen Strategies (DWS) in 2005 and have since developed the consulting business significantly.
Geoff Wohlsen is a leading leisure and hospitality consultant and economist. Geoff has been providing strategic and economic advisory services for over 25 years through a variety of key roles with BP Oil, KPMG Consulting and DWS. Geoff specialises in the areas of economics, strategic planning, financial analysis, gaming, club and leisure development with over 25 years of associated experience. He holds a range of qualifications including:
- 2013 – Certificate IV in Training & Assessment from CTA Training.
- 1992 – Bachelor of Law from the University of Queensland.
- 1987 – Bachelor of Economics from the University of Queensland.
Prior to DWS, Geoff was a director with CMP Consulting, a senior manager in strategic planning and economic development at KPMG, and a market and financial analyst with BP Oil. Geoff’s qualifications and years of experience within the hospitality and leisure sectors make him an exceptional consultant and Director.
Over the past 20 years Geoff has applied his skills to the leisure and hospitality sector and during that time has completed over 2,000 consulting assignments across Australia including high profile state level associations, government, hospitality organisations, hotels, clubs and casinos. Geoff also lectures for the University of Queensland and Griffith University, is a member of the Queensland Treasury’s advisory committee and an active voice in the industry. Key assignments Geoff has consulted on include:
- State level club sector social and economic impact assessment undertaken on behalf of a peak industry body.
- Casino operating plans undertaken in Australia and New Zealand.
- Business plan for the redevelopment of Suncorp Stadium, then Lang Park.