Geoff joined John Dickson Strategies to form Dickson Wohlsen Strategies (DWS) in 2005 and has grown the business significantly since then. He specialises in the areas of economics, strategic planning, financial analysis, gaming, club and leisure development with over 25 years of associated experience. Geoff holds a range of qualifications including:
- 2013 – Certificate IV in Training & Assessment from CTA Training.
- 1992 – Bachelor of Economics from the University of Queensland.
- 1987 – Bachelor of Law from the University of Queensland.
Prior to DWS, Geoff was a director with CMP Consulting, a senior manager in strategic planning and economic development at KPMG and a market & financial analyst with BP Oil. Geoff’s qualifications and years of experience within the hospitality and leisure sectors make him an exceptional consultant and Director.
During Geoff’s time at as a hospitality and leisure consultant, he has completed over 1,500 assignments across Australia including high profile state level associations and government advice. Geoff has also lectured for Griffith University, been a member of Queensland Treasury’s advisory committee and is an active voice in the industry. Key assignments Geoff has consulted on include:
- State level club sector social and economic impact assessment undertaken on behalf of a peak industry body.
- Casino operating plans undertaken in Australia and New Zealand.
- Business plan for the redevelopment of Suncorp Stadium, then Lang Park.