Danny joined DWS in 2009 and brought with him over 20 years of management experience in the hospitality and leisure sectors. Danny specialises in the areas of licensing law, legislation and regulations, and workplace health and safety consulting and training. Danny holds the following qualifications and industry associations:
- 2011 – Certificate IV as a Workplace Health & Safety Officer from the National Safety Council of Australia.
- 2010 – Fire Safety Advisor from Queensland Fire Rescue.
- 2009 – Main Roads Auditing from the Department of Main Roads Queensland.
- 2009 – Certificate IV in Training & Assessment from Training Australia.
- 2007 – Certificate IV in Workplace Health & Safety from the Safety Institution Australia.
- 2007 – Rehabilitation & Return to Work Coordinator from QBE Insurance.
- 2005 – Safety Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment.
Prior to joining DWS, Danny was employed by Ozwide Group as a risk and compliance manager and as a receivers manager with Grant Thornton accountants. Danny gained significant hospitality exposure with Lend Lease as a residence manager at Ayres Rock, general manager at The Orient Hotel, The Rocks in Sydney; general manager at the Continental Hotel in Sorento; site manager at Twin Towns Services Club.
Since joining DWS, Danny has worked on a variety of risk and health & safety assignments across Australia including retained services for large national Australian organisations and delivery of risk training including armed hold up, Austrac, perform program and fire safety. Key career highlights include:
- Awarded the best redeveloped CBD hotel in Sydney whilst appointed General Manager.
- Secretary of the Restaurant and Catering Association in Victoria.
- Design and implementation of risk management systems for a range of major Australian venues.