Anna joined DWS in 2011 and specialises in the areas of liquor and gaming licencing, research and financial analysis. Anna has over nine years of experience in the hospitality sector, having held a range of operational and management trainee roles. Anna holds the following associated qualifications:
- 2012 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from Training Australia.
- 2010 – Master of Science in Management and Organisation Studies from University College Dublin.
- 2009 – Bachelor of Commerce specialising in Human Resource Management from University College Galway.
- 2009 – Diploma of International Hotel Management from the Shannon College of Hotel Management.
Prior to joining DWS, Anna worked with Glaxo Smith Kline in Dublin in the human resources department as well as a number of hospitality venues including the Twelve Hotel and the Clarence Hotel in Ireland and the Movenpick Hotel in Switzerland.
Since joining DWS, Anna has consulted on a variety of complex liquor and gaming licencing projects involving significant community consultation and impact assessments for some of Australia’s largest hospitality venues. Anna also manages the DWS secret shopper programs, market analysis, members surveys and the proprietary Member Meter research tool. Key career highlights include:
- Recent licensing wins have included a permanent extension of liquor and gaming trading in a North Queensland venue to 5.30am, the only late trading venue within its catchment.
- On-going mystery shopper programs undertaken across two hotel chains and across a number of club venues.
- Development of Member Meter, the proprietary club industry benchmarking instrument and development of a suite of member feedback tools.
- Review of operations of a major Australian casino undertaken.
- Strategic planning across a number of club venues.
- Market and gaming forecasting a national Australian hotel operator.
- Market feasibility studies and funding memorandums for expansion, renovation and diversification across a number of club venues.