- Established, quality retirement resort living
- 400 residences and premium community facilities
- Corporate support from a respected resident and care-centred organisation
Why Blue Care?
Blue Care is uniquely positioned as one of Australia’s leading retirement living and aged care providers. Founded on strong compassionate values, Blue Care’s reputation is built on highly experienced teams, working across 220 centres in Queensland.
At Blue Care, we’re passionate about offering services that reflect our clients’ needs, expectations, choices and interests.
Argyle Gardens is located in the heart of Bundaberg and on the enticing Coral Coast providing over 400 residents a comfortable, secure and safe environment with a range of accommodation options. With a total of 326 independent living homes and 77 apartments, residents have access to a relaxed tropical lifestyle within a major regional centre that offers everything from sandy beaches and national parks to shopping, medical services, Sports Clubs and a short 45 minute flight to Brisbane.
As the Senior Village Manager, you’ll be responsible for resident services, implementing operational plans and managing day-to-day activities in the Village, as well as overseeing the hospitality, support and concierge services, sales and resort presentation. You’ll initiate actions that generate measurable benefits to residents, their families and team members and be committed to providing a resident-focused service.
Blue Care places a great deal of importance on its village management staff possessing and demonstrating the right culture and a hospitality-approach to the role.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing a pleasant, stimulating and caring environment for residents and team members
- Management of the village administration and financial functions
- Developing and delivering the village maintenance plan and budget
- Promoting and facilitating positive communication between residents and village management, liaising with the Residents’ Committee
- Working closely with sales and marketing to maximise resale values and fill vacancies
- Contributing towards the strategic direction of the village including assessment of growth potential and asset management
You will be an experienced retirement village manager or a senior facilities manager with a hospitality background in the accommodation, hotel or managed apartments sectors. You will have excellent organisational ability, strong communication skills and sound decision-making ability. Additionally, you will have excellent stakeholder management skills, strong financial acumen and the maturity to interact with your residents with respect and empathy.
You will also have the ability to manage a diverse team including the village administration team, sales and marketing staff, kitchen and hospitality staff, gardeners and contractors, while managing the day-to-day needs of residents.
Knowledge of the Retirement Villages Act is desirable but any demonstrated experience in understanding a regulated environment is beneficial.
This role offers the unique blend of lifestyle and stability with an attractive salary package and tax benefits, providing an exciting opportunity for someone to work in a professionally rewarding environment